I am a fan of all things breakfast...let's face it, I thoroughly enjoy every meal. In the hustle and bustle that is life, mornings can be a blur. Having time for a healthy and nutritious breakfast may not always be an option, if you don't plan ahead.
You may remember reading about my Glowing Green Smoothie obsession. I prep my green smoothies on Sundays, freeze them in ice trays, and they are ready to go throughout the week. I just pop a few smoothie cubes into the blender with coconut water, or almond milk (and maybe some more fresh fruit), and I am good to go.
Another go-to breakfast option is this broiled grapefruit. I love grapefruit, especially with a little brown sugar and cinnamon. Broiling caramelizes the sugar, warms the grapefruit, and brings out some of the fruit's natural sugars. It is DIVINE! For a more clean eating option, you can substitute the brown sugar with stevia or honey. This is great all by itself or with an omelet.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5-8 minutes
- 4 Tsp Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon to garnish
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice grapefruit in half using a sharp paring knife.
- Place two teaspoons of brown sugar on each grapefruit half. Use the back of a spoon to spread the sugar evenly over the entire top of the grapefruit.
- Move your oven rack to a high position, so that the grapefruit is a few inches from the heating element.
- Place the grapefruit in the oven, and broil on high for approximately 5 minutes until the sugar starts to bubble and caramelize.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cinnamon; serve right away.
What are your quick and easy breakfast go-to's?