In the morning, I am typically a Glowing Green Smoothie gal. On occasion though, I like to switch things up a bit. If you have been searching for a simple no fuss breakfast, look no further!
In my experience, there is no wrong way to prepare overnight oats. The base of your mixture is simply equal parts raw rolled oats, and milk or yogurt; I like 1/2 cup of each. You can use any kind of milk or yogurt, I usually stick with unsweetened almond milk. MALK Organics is my new favorite brand of healthy milk substitutes. Partially because it looks so cute in the fridge, but primarily due to the fact that it is delicious. The prep is simple: Pour the oats and additional ingredients in a jar, pop it in the fridge overnight (covered or uncovered; go crazy, it's completely your choice), let the oats soak up the liquids.
I kept this mixture pretty basic; but you can add in any fruit, nuts, or seeds that your little heart desires.
- 1/2 cup Raw Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Milk + Milk Substitute or 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Bananas
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Additional fruit + nuts + coconut flakes for topping (I like to add these the next morning, for a little extra crunch)
- Add raw rolled oats to your container of choice
- Add bananas, chia seeds, blueberries + greek yogurt if thats your thing
- Pour in milk
- Sweeten by drizzling with honey, before refrigerating
- Place container in the fridge to soak overnight
- Rise, shine, and enjoy!
I would love to know what your favorite simple breakfast go-to's are!